1 completely unclothed; "bare bodies"; "naked from the waist up"; "a nude model" [syn: bare, au naturel(p), nude]
2 having no protecting or concealing cover; "naked to mine enemies"- Shakespeare [syn: defenseless]
3 (of the eye or ear e.g.) without the aid of an optical or acoustical device or instrument; "visible to the naked eye"; "clearly audible to the unaided ear" [syn: unaided]
4 devoid of elaboration or diminution or concealment; bare and pure; "naked ambition"; "raw fury"; "you may kill someone someday with your raw power" [syn: raw]
Etymologyetyl ang nacod, from , from .
- Not wearing any clothes.
- She was as naked as the day she was born.
- Glib, without decoration, put bluntly.
- This is the naked truth.
- The naked facts lay there on the table, enclosed within the files.
- This is the naked truth.
- The tendrils of the naked flame stretched into the skies.
not wearing any clothes
- Chinese: 裸 (luǒ)
- Czech: nahý
- Danish: nøgen, bar, blottet
- Dutch: naakt, bloot, ongekleed
- Faroese: nakin
- Finnish: alaston, alasti
- French: nu
- German: nackt
- Greek: γυμνός
- Hungarian: meztelen
- Icelandic: nakinn , nakin , nakið ; ber m|f, bert
- Italian: nudo
- Japanese: 裸の (はだかの, hadaka no)
- Korean: 벌거벗은 (beolgeobeoseun)
- Sorani: ڕوت
- Polish: nagi , naga , nagie
- Portuguese: nu
- Romanian: dezbrăcat, gol
- Russian: голый, нагой
- Slovene: gol , gola , golo ; nag , naga , nago
- Spanish: desnudo
- Swedish: naken
- ttbc Amuzgo: kísí
- ttbc Chinese: 赤裸 (chìluǒ)
- ttbc Croatian: gol
- ttbc Esperanto: nuda
- ttbc Estonian: alasti
- ttbc French: nu , nue
- ttbc Georgian: შიშველი, ტიტველი
- ttbc German: nackt, blank
- ttbc Hungarian: meztelen, csupasz, pucér; fedetlen, puszta
- ttbc Indonesian: telanjang
- ttbc Italian: nudo , nuda
- ttbc Japanese: 裸 (はだか)
- ttbc Korean: 벌거벗은 (beolgeobeoseun), 적나라한 (jeoknarahan)
- ttbc Old English: nacod, bær
- ttbc Portuguese: despido , despida
- ttbc Scottish Gaelic: lom, rùisgte
- ttbc Slovak: nahý, holý
- ttbc Swedish: naken
- ttbc Telugu: నగ్నం (nagnaM)
Naked most commonly describes a person in a state of nudity.
It can also refer to:
- Naked (Talking Heads album), a 1988 album released by Talking Heads
- Naked, a 1993 album from Zheng Jun
- Naked (Louise album), a 1996 album from Louise Redknapp
- Naked (Marques Houston album), a 2005 album by Marques Houston
- "Naked", an album by Amber released in early 2002.
- "Naked", an album by Blue Pearl released in 1990.
- "Naked", a song on the Spice Girls' 1996 album Spice
- "Naked", a song on Tracy Bonham's 2005 album Blink the Brightest
- "Naked", a song on the 2002 album Let Go (Avril Lavigne album)
- "Naked", a single on the Goo Goo Dolls album A Boy Named Goo
- "Naked", a song by Falco
- "Naked", a single taken from the Reef album Replenish
- Naked Music, a record label
- Naked Records, a record label
- Naked (film), a 1993 film directed by Mike Leigh
- Naked'' (book), a book of humorous essays and stories by David Sedaris
- Naked DSL, digital subscriber line internet access without a PSTN or dial tone.
- Naked Juice, an organic drink company that produces various fruit and soy milk-based beverages
- Naked light, non-destructive image editing software
- Naked Science, a documentary Television series produced by National Geographic Channel
- Naked bike, a stripped-down style of motorcycle design
naked in German: Nackt (Begriffsklärung)
naked in French: Naked
naked in Italian: Naked
naked in Dutch: Naakt
absolute, apparent, au naturel, bald, bare, bare-ass, bared, barefaced, beholdable, blank, blatant, blunt, clarified, clear, cleared, colorless, conspicuous, denuded, detectable, discernible, disclosed, discovered, distilled, evident, exposed, exposed to view, flagrant, free, glaring, gymnosophical, hanging out, in evidence, in full view, in native buff, in plain sight, in plain view, in puris naturalibus, in the altogether, in the buff, in the raw, in view, insight, liable, manifest, naturistic, neat, nonimmune, noticeable, nude, nudist, observable, obvious, open, open as day, open to all, open to view, outcropping, overt, palpable, patent, peeled, perceivable, perceptible, plain, pure, purified, raw, recognizable, rectified, revealed, seeable, sheer, showing, simple, stark, stark-naked, straight, stripped, susceptible, to be seen, unadorned, unadulterated, unaided, unalloyed, unarrayed, unassisted, unblended, unclad, unclassified, unclogged, unclosed, unclothed, unclouded, uncolored, uncombined, uncomplicated, uncompounded, unconcealed, uncorrupted, uncovered, undecked, undecorated, undeniable, undiluted, undisguised, undraped, undressed, unembellished, unfortified, unfurbished, ungarnished, unhidden, unleavened, unmingled, unmistakable, unmitigated, unmixed, unobstructed, unornamented, unprotected, unrestricted, unsheathed, unsophisticated, unstopped, untinged, untrimmed, unvarnished, viewable, visible, visual, wide-open, with nothing on, without a stitch, witnessable